TRAINEE SALES EXECUTIVE
There are a lot of skills required to sell any product. Selling Honda vehicles, however, will require extensive product knowledge and a passion for the brand. The ability to qualify the desires and needs of a customer, negotiate a fair price and the confidence to present an offer will be taught through this training opportunity. The Programme will help you to gain a broad range of skills used in a fast-moving sales environment within our two dealerships based in Clitheroe and Blackburn. You will learn how to quickly identify a customer’s needs and interests, promote the features and benefits of vehicles and negotiate sales. The skills attained on the programme will last a lifetime.
THE ROLE OF A SALES EXECUTIVE
The Trainee Programme is geared towards training the right candidate to become a trained Sales Executive.
The main role is to be responsible for selling new and used vehicles. Duties will include:
- Greeting customers, discussing their needs and advising them on the most suitable vehicle
- Arranging test drives
- Negotiating sale and trade-in prices
- Working out finance arrangements and packages, which may include organising registration plates, road tax and delivery of vehicles
- Highlighting any additional products relevant to the customer
- Processing orders and completing relevant paperwork
- Updating customers on the progress of orders and contacting potential customers to update them about new vehicles and deals
- Stock checks and pitch inspections
- Managing advertising and updating the website
- Keeping the forecourt and cars clean and tidy
- Providing potential customers with relevant literature and information
- Inspecting vehicles pre- and post- sale
You will be required to work as part of a team, specialising in all aspects of vehicle sales.
Our Training Programme is an excellent way of ensuring we have high quality people working within our dealerships. We're looking for ambitious candidates ready to take ownership of their development, work hard to achieve their potential and grow with our company.
SKILLS & PERSONAL QUALITIES
The Greenacre trainee programme commits to supporting the development of its employees to ensure they can progress and develop their career further within the company. That is why when it comes to selecting the right people to become a Greenacre Sales Executive, it’s as much about attitude as it is about vocational and academic success. That’s why in addition to the qualifications we require from you, we’ll also look for you to possess the following key behaviours. From problem-solving abilities to an enthusiasm for our industry, these are all attributes that will be vital in your role at Greenacre and will be assessed throughout the application process.
WILLINGNESS TO LEARN
Here, we’ll look for you to demonstrate an enthusiasm for learning by seeking out opportunities to increase understanding, taking on board feedback and applying new skills.
TEAM WORKING/ WORKING WITH OTHERS
We’ll look for your willingness to help others and will want to see you making an effort to get on with people, with an awareness of your own impact on colleagues and customers. It is also important for us to know you will be able to really contribute to activities, communicate effectively and be respectful to the views of others.
This is where we’ll need you to demonstrate an ability to work with customers, follow instructions or rules, along with good attention to detail, and looking for ways to improve things.
PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RESILIENCE
Here, we’ll look at your ability to take accountability and responsibility for your work, think about customers needs, maintain a positive approach when faced with problems and being persistent in your approach to getting things done.
An ability to think things through logically before acting; asking for help when needed is important. We’ll also want you to be able to follow instructions and clearly explain things.
Age : 17+
Full Driving License
Prior Attainment : Four GCSE grades A – C (new grades 9 – 4) or equivalent in English, Maths and two other subjects.
Greenacre Honda are on the look out for car valeter to join our team in Blackburn.
Key roles and responsibilities
The role will initially cover our busy period with the potential to extend to a more permanent contract.
- Willingness to teach and learn methods of valeting.
- Enjoy working under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Enjoy challenges
- Working with a team of three.
- Ensuring all cars are valeted to the highest standard.
Applicants must have a full UK driving licence and experience is preferable.