What is the Motability Scheme?
Motability is a registered charity, which helps disabled people and their families in the UK to become more mobile. It was set up on the initiative of the Government in 1977 to provide vehicles to disabled people. Terms have been arranged with motor manufacturers, wheelchair and vehicle adaptation suppliers and insurance companies so that a scheme could be offered that enables people with disabilities to become more mobile.
To join Motability simply exchange either your Higher Rate Mobility Allowance or War Pensioners Mobility Suppliment for a brand new car every three years. Some cars will require an Advance Payment, which is payable to your dealer when you collect your car.
For further information about the Motability scheme, including the current price list, please contact one of our dealerships for more information.
To qualify for the Honda Motability scheme you must receive one of the following benefits:
- The Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMC of DLA)
- War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- Please note that you should expect to receive your allowance for the full length of the agreement. However, as long as you have at least 12 months award remaining, you can join.
- You don't even have to drive to get a Motability Contract Hire car as you can nominate up to two drivers to drive for you.
The Honda Motability Contract Hire Scheme is available over a three year period.
You will have to exchange your allowance, and pay an Advance Payment, where applicable.
Maintenance, servicing, insurance and full breakdown cover for the vehicle, provided by the RAC, are included for the duration of the agreement.
Find your nearest Greenacre Honda Dealer Here, or call 01254 245 666 or 01200 423108. Each Greenacre Honda dealership has at least one trained Motablity specialist to help you and provide advice on which Honda suits you best.
- Brand new car every 3 years
- Free Road Tax
- Free insurance
- Free Personal Accident cover
- Free Servicing, maintenance and repairs
- Free Breakdown Assistance from RAC
- Fully trained Motability Sales specialists all our dealerships
- Collection and delivery service available for maintenance and service
With the Motability scheme, you can transform your mobility allowance into a brand-new car. Most people who are eligible for the scheme choose the no-hassle 'Contract Hire' method. This includes the following benefits.
- A new car every three years
- Road tax
- Servicing, maintenance and repairs
- Breakdown cover
- Type replacement
- Window or windscreen replacement